Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Back on Board

It's been a while since my project but I have been working diligently on a sustainable outdoor instillation. It became a lot harder than I thought because I realized that I had to take the weather into account. I started looking up other artists, such as Robert Indiana and I researched his public art instillations such as his "LOVE" statue, which I have seen in Taiwan, New York, Philadelphia, and San Francisco. So, i was inspired to paint on fire hydrants around the community and it made me realize that I'm actually pretty creative with some of the projects I've done and I should respect and give more credit to some of the ideas I have. Although it was a huge setback to discard my old project with yarn, I feel like I have a very strong hold on my new fire hydrant project. From now, I want to create new designs and think of new simple ways to create an intriguing fire hydrant. I guess the idea behind it is that the law states it is illegal to park within five feet from a fire hydrant. But I think they need friends too. I think this is a quirky idea to support kindness in school and throughout the community. I guess it is also a great idea to go outdoors and look at some art when students or parents get stressed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment