Tuesday, May 10, 2016

The End of a New Beginning

My 20% project started out as a mural and it ended up being an outdoor installation. I decided to make this change because a mural would’ve taken too long, didn’t have a space for it, and it wouldn’t have been an interactive art piece. So midway through, I decided to do a fire hydrant art piece.

In this project, I challenged myself by working with what I had. I had to learn how to make a change of plans when something didn’t work out or if there was a better idea. I was more focused on creating something artistic that people can marvel at. We come from a community where things tend to be very stressful and a lot of pressure is put onto students and adults. It would be nice if someone went out on a walk to view beautiful art sculptures. It would be a change in environment to make people have a change of heart. The whole point of this project is to help others distress.

To achieve my goal, I went around my community trying to find areas where I can make a beautiful art piece in. I went around my area and decided that fire hydrants were the best bet. They were simple, fun, and accessible. It ended up being a success because I found fire hydrants to decorate.

Through this process, I learned that not everything works. Instead of trying to always make the original idea work, you can always improvise, find a better solution, or even create something better.

If I had this project again, I would probably plan everything out thoroughly before physically executing my plan. Since I didn’t really weigh the pros and cons of my initial idea, I just went for it and it ended up being a complete failure. That ended up wasting a lot of my time. So now, I have decided to just take more time planning rather taking more time doing.

After this project, I plan on going to art school to expand my skills as an artist to create outdoor installations more effectively and efficiently. I definitely want to pick up a new challenge and see how far this project goes in the near future. Maybe I can even create a big sculpture for the outdoors, or maybe even a better idea if I have more time and more inspiration around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment