Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Structuring a Plan

20% Time trains students to think differently. It allows students to think more actively, allowing for more innovative and creative ideas because students are working on topics they are actually passionate about. The essential question that I asked is whether or not someone can change their emotions and mentality based on the aesthetics of their environment. for my 20 Time Project, I have decided to create an outdoor art instillation. I want to create something where students, parents, and everyone else in the community can go outside in nature and feel inspired or stress-free from an outdoor interactive art piece. With that being said, would this help someone feel better being immersed in a different environment? Or would they still feel the same based on how stressed they are?

My goal is to create a lasting outdoor instillation that is able to withstand rainy weather and powerful wind. I want it to be something that is physically interactive, something useful to people. Most importantly, I want to create something that people can dive into and enjoy and feel better about their problems.

I will measure the progress of my achievement by how much of the piece I get done every time. So far I was thinking about using umbrellas with light bulbs hanging down from them. With a slight wind, they would make a lovely sounds and hopefully, there will be a bench area where people can listen, watch, and enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment